tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Masters <>
Subject Weird Intermittent NoClassDefFound
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:39:50 GMT

Hi All,

I'm running tomcat apache-tomcat-6.0.18 with a single application that has heavy spring and
hibernate usage. One of the deployments mainly deals with batch processing from Quartz. After
a couple days worth of processing I suddenly get NoClassDefFound errors (usually from some
random hibernate class) for classes that have been previously loaded. The other day it occured
with a class from JGroups (we use this for clustered cache communication) and it spewed out
*loads* of NoClassDefFound  and ended up filling up the disk.

So, a couple questions:

 - has anyone else encountered this?
 - could this be a tomcat class loader issue?
 - any ideas? help?

Thanks in advance,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: