tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lucas Vickers <lucasvick...@gmail.com>
Subject Logging of memory / thread activity
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:22:53 GMT
Hello,

I have an issue where Tomcat shuts down without reason.  When receiving a
light to moderate load that involves MySql database work tomcat shuts down
without error.

I get the message
"INFO main org.apache.coyote.http11. Http11BaseProtocol - Pausing Coyote
HTTP/1.1 on http-8080"

This is consistent after 2-4 minutes of simple stress testing.

I am not very sure where the issue lies.  I am aware of profilers (which I
will eventually use) but for now I would like some way of logging Tomcat
vitals so I can see if something is spiking (memory use, thread use, etc).

I know the tomcat status page gives me a good deal of the information I
would like.  Is there any product / methodology for periodically logging
this information?

I am using:
Java: 1.6.0_14-b08
Tomcat: 5.5.25