tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Flynn <pfl...@ucc.ie>
Subject Re: Multiple applications
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:14:12 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> Peter Flynn wrote:
>> Hassan Schroeder wrote:
>>>
> Hi.
> I believe that I may be about at the same level as yourself for such
> things - which is far below the level of the gurus you have been talking
> to so far - and therefore that my explanations that follow, whilst being
> maybe less accurate, may be more accessible.

This is excellent and very helpful, thank you very much.
I will digest this when I next get a slot.

Yes, I also dislike running the RHEL repackaging, but in this case the
system is maintained by the engineers on the basis that I do *not* add
non-RHEL versions of things that are available in RHEL packages. Silly,
but unavoidable. RHEL is hopelessly out of date in so many areas, and
they have this compulsion to meddle which is very annoying. But in the
case of Tomcat I have located all the bits and pieces, so it's not a
major problem.

///Peter