tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: tomcat and apache document root
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:31:29 GMT
Nikolay Diulgerov wrote:
> I wonder then if I can use in server.xml
> <Context path="" docBase="/tomcat/webapps/myapp"/>
> To change the default application serving when someone requests

No. That will result in double deployment. Just rename webapps/myapp to

> And then in apache to use
> DocumentRoot "/tomcat/webapps/myapp"
Make this:
DocumentRoot "/tomcat/webapps/ROOT"
and also below.

> <Directory "/tomcat/webapps/myapp">
>    Options FollowSymlinks
>    DirectoryIndex index.html login.jsp
>    AllowOverride None
>    Allow from all
> </Directory>
>    <Directory "/tomcat/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/">
>    AllowOverride None
>    deny from all
> </Directory>
>    <Directory "/tomcat/webapps/myapp/META-INF/">
>    AllowOverride None
>    deny from all
> </Directory>
Better. Depending on settings JSP source code disclosure may still be an
issue. (ie requests for index.jSp may get served by httpd as static files).

> JkMount /*.jsp client
> JkMount /*.do client

I always recommend separation of httpd and Tomcat but if you are going
to have them serving from the same directory structure then you are
heading in the right direction.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message