tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How to programmatically set the JAAS Subject in Tomcat 5.5
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:01:32 GMT
tbalent wrote:
> authorization occurring in an Apache proxy that is enabled with a 3rd Party
> agent. When the agent allows the HTTP request through (to Tomcat or a J2EE
This may or may not be relevant to your issue :
The AJP protocol used between Apache and Tomcat, allows Apache to pass
an authenticated user-id to Tomcat in the request.
I do not remember precisely at what level this parameter "lives", but it
is invoked as "tomcatAuthentication=false" either in the connector
(mod_jk in my case) or in the <Connector> in Tomcat.
You may want to look this up, to see if it applies in your case.