tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Need Suggestion
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:17:05 GMT
alee amin wrote:
> thanks andre. I will definitely do it on my own. I am just asking help -
> where to start from and what guidelines i should follow.
>
> Is there any other approach?

Hee.. just a minute now.
I may have been a bit fast.
Since I am subscribed to both this one and the Apache httpd list, I
think I got confused and answered this as if it was a question on the
httpd list.  But this is the Tomcat list, right ?
If your issue is at the Tomcat level, then have a look at this, which
offers similar possibilities under Tomcat :
http://www.tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

On the other hand, if your Tomcat is already fronted by an Apache httpd,
then my original info stands.
In the Apache httpd Rewrite Guide, there are several examples similar to
your issue.
It may be useful to read that Guide first, even if you intend to do it
under Tomcat.  There is a lot of information in these pages.