tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Need Suggestion
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:09:18 GMT
alee amin wrote:
> I have been assigned task to create a mechanism for multiple url sign up
> pages against invite codes. the purpose is if user hit on
>
> http://www.mydomain.com/invite/circket he should be redirected to
> http://www.mydomain.com/signup?invite=cricket
> http://www.mydomain.com/invite/soccer he should be redirected to
> http://www.mydomain.com/signup?invite=soccer
>
> etc.
>
> now there could be number of invite codes i.e soccer, basketball, baseball
> or watever. I was thinking to "redirect" things but then someone told me
> that this can be handled in server level url mapping. I have no idea what he
> was talking about. perhaps he was saying something about url rewriting. can
> someone guide me how to do it.?
> ..alee
> http://techboard.wordpress.com

He was indeed probably talking about this :
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html
and this
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/rewrite/rewrite_guide.html

I someone going to do the job for you ? No.
Will someone here help you if you try something after reading these
docs, and it does not work as you expect ? Yes.