tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Juha Laiho <Juha.La...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: On my Webserver: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:07:03 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Paul van Hoven [mailto:paul.van.hoven@googlemail.com]
>> Subject: Re: On my Webserver: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet
>>
>> gwt-servlet.jar
>
> I have some recollection that the above jar is the trouble maker; take a look inside
it.

Almost, but not quite.. I took an interest in this after seeing your response,
and found the following:
http://lkamal.blogspot.com/2007/07/jar-not-loaded-servletclass-gwt-tomcat.html

... which explains that gwt-user.jar is the problem, for which gwt-servlet.jar
is the correction. There's also a tutorial by the same author describing that
gwt-user.jar should be used for building and gwt-servlet.jar for deployment:
http://lkamal.blogspot.com/2008/09/java-gwt-servlets-web-app-tutorial.html
--
..Juha