tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Is it not possible to install apache-tomcat-6.0.20 with a J2SE 5 JRE: A new development
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:17:36 GMT
Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>> When given the long command
>>>
>>> C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin>"tomcat6.exe" //IS//%SERVICE_NAME%
>>> --StartClass
>>> org.
>>> apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap --StopClass
>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootst
>>> rap --StartParams start --StopParams stop
>>>
>>> The above command displayed a message box with a big Red X round shape
>>> mark(What do you call it?), titled "Application System"  and it's message
>>> was nonAlpha 37
>>>
>> That is a new one to me, I never saw one of those.
>
> I think that "SERVICE_NAME" variable was not defined, and you cannot
> use "%SERVICE_NAME%" (literally) as a service name. The name must be
> alphanumeric, no spaces etc., and "%" ((char)37) is not a valid
> character here.

Of course ! I missed that. Thanks, Konstantin.

Varuna,

To start the Tomcat Service, from a command window, you should be able
to run this command :

C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin\tomcat6.exe //RS//Tomcat6

This same command should be what you see in the tomcat6w GUI, in the
"General" tab, under "Path to executable".
If it does not look like that, then we have made a mistake earlier and
need to correct it.