tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Preventing access to directories?
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:09:53 GMT
Andre-John Mas wrote:

> On 22-Jul-2009, at 22:36, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Andre-John
>> Mas<andrejohn.mas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> .... I want to ensure that someone typing:
>>>
>>>   http://../webapp/module/jsp/abc.jsp
>>>
>>> won't be able to access the resource. I know I could put the JSPs in
>>> WEB-INF
>>> (it is what I do now), though I am wanting to explore another way of
>>> organising and grouping related resource, for easier management.
>>
>> Uh, say what? It's easier to manage "put stuff in directory A" versus
>> "put stuff in directory B"?
>>
>> Why not make your life easy and leave it in WEB-INF???
>
> I probably will, though I was wanting to examine the alternatives.

In addition to what has been wisely written by others, but as a general
Swiss Army Knife kind of tool for such things, I suggest you have a look
at the urlrewrite filter, here :
http://www.tuckey.org/urlrewrite/
It would allow you to do what you seem to be wanting to do, and many
other things beside.
To repeat what someone else said, why re-invent the wheel ?
Or, if you insist, then at least invent a better one.

Also André