tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Programmatically reload webapp in Tomcat 6
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:10:05 GMT
Manually, the Tomcat Manager web app allows me to easily restart a web
app.  So, assuming I have the tomcat manager username and password, I
can make a program invoke the same URL that probably would cause the web
app to reload, using something like:

https://myhost.com/manager/html/reload?path=/THISONE

Is there a programmatic way to do this directly instead to make it
easier to detect any errors or the like?  I basically would like a web
app to be able to reload itself, without stopping Tomcat itself, such as
after an automated download that installed some new versions of JARs and
JSPs for the web app (allowing the web app to download upgrades, install
them, then restart the web app so it's put into use).

Thanks,
David