tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Any Help on this would be really appreciated...
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 08:12:59 GMT
Sumit D wrote:

>>> Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base
>>> name c
>>> onnection, locale fr_FR
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
>>> fr.inria.monitoring.b
>>> ep.BEP4Sumit
>> I understand, that it cannot find BEP4Sumit class file that your valve is
>> using.

Are you sure that this is really the problem ?
Looking at the exception in the original post, my guess is that this
class is found, and tries to initialise, but it is some resource file
that this class itself is not finding that causes the problem.
Like some properties file depending on the locale fr_FR.
I would guess that this Tomcat is being started under some xxx_fr_FR
locale, but the app only has that properties file for an en_US locale
for instance.
What happens when in the Tomcat startup script, you set the locale to an
English locale ?