tomcat-users mailing list archives

From carlson weber filho <cwe...@cdm.com.br>
Subject Best practice to deply a web app
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 22:11:57 GMT
I always had a question that no one had answered me in a satisfactory
manner. We are a comapny that develop desktop applications, using
Delphi, and now we are migrating some products to Tomcat, using Wicket.
When I want to update our software on a client, we replace the
executable and run some scripts on the database automatically, all the
settings like report templates, connection settings, stays the same on
the software folder. How would I do this on a Java-ish way? When I
generate the .WAR file and put it on the tomcat webapps folder, it will
overwrite all my app files, including settings and etc. What is the best
way to do this?