tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: RemoteAddressValve
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:14:06 GMT
Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX wrote:

>   <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve" allow="176.24.*.*"/>

I don't know about the context in which you can use this, but about the
above, your "allow" attribute is incorrect.
It should be :

"A comma-separated list of /regular expression patterns/ that the remote
client's IP address is compared to."

If I understand correctly which addresses you are trying to allow, then
the following would be better :
allow="176\.24\..*"

Quick tips : in a regexp,
- an unescaped "." means "any character".
- ".*" means "any character, any number of times" (0 to infinity)
- "\." is a "real dot" (escaped by the \, it loses its special meaning
and just represents the character "."
Check any on-line Regular Expressions tutorial for more information.