tomcat-users mailing list archives

From CBy <tom...@byrman.demon.nl>
Subject Problem with system property
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:23:34 GMT
Hi,

We have a third-party webapp that sets the following system property:

System.setProperty("javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory","net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl");

This effectively forces all other webapps to use Saxon as an XLST/XQuery
processor, see:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/TransformerFactory.html#newInstance%28%29

Other webapps, which are perfectly happy with the default, now suddenly
have to include saxon9.jar to get successfully deployed. I can imagine
conflicting webapps in the future. I feel a bit hijacked by this
third-party application (we do not have the source code). What is the
best way to deal with this?

T.i.a.

Carsten