tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: load testing
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:35:07 GMT
On 6/7/09 21:27, Logan, James S wrote:
> We have been involved with load testing several sites that deploy a Tomcat server. When
running a Load session, for some reason, each HTTP request will generate a login, when monitoring
the server. The server is being monitored from the server-side and each request to the server
will display a sessionid associated with the login id of the virtual client. However, when
I login in manually I only see one sessionid associated with a login id as I navigate the
site and request a page, and once I fire up another browser, and do the same navigation, I
see the second sessionid. Have you folks seen this type of behavior on a Tomcat site, where
virtual clients login generate multiple sessionids under load, running virtual client is 10,
and the server see 20 sessionids?

Also, it's usually frowned upon to hijack someone else's thread, even if
you've changed the content and subject line.

Please start a completely new one when you reply.