tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: load testing
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:15:54 GMT
On 6/7/09 21:27, Logan, James S wrote:
> We have been involved with load testing several sites that deploy a Tomcat server.

I replied to your previous post on the 2nd.  I said:

OS/version?
Tomcat/version?

Which Tomcat monitoring tool?

Your description of the behaviour isn't very clear.

It seems that you're saying that your test clients are logging in and
getting a unique session id.  This is normal.

When you login with a web browser you get a unique session id for each
different browser.  This is also normal.

Can you be clearer about what you expect to happen and what, if
anything, is different to your expectation?

 > When running a Load session, for some reason, each HTTP request will
generate a login, when monitoring the server.

Is this what you expect to happen, and if not, why not?

 > The server is being monitored from the server-side and each request
to the server will display a sessionid associated with the login id of
the virtual client.

Is this what you expect to happen, and if not, why not?

> However, when I login in manually I only see one sessionid associated with a login id
as I navigate the site and request a page, and once I fire up another browser, and do the
same navigation, I see the second sessionid.

Is this what you expect to happen, and if not, why not?

> Have you folks seen this type of behavior on a Tomcat site, where virtual clients login
generate multiple sessionids under load, running virtual client is 10, and the server see
20 sessionids?

I'll give you a clue, in advance of a more detailed explanation of your
problem: are you properly url encoding each link in the web application?