tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Emilio Recio <ere...@technisys.net>
Subject Sticky session and ModJK Load Balancer
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 17:15:02 GMT
Hi,
i have installed Apache 2.2 and two Tomcat 6 whit load balancing in
cluster mode using "mod_jk" module and setting sticky session in TRUE,
and memory replication. I was testing my project and work perfect.
We have a dilemma using sticky session or not using it, with my team work.
Setting sticky-session in TRUE, it works fine, even when one tomcat
fails-over. When set to FALSE i can see that the session have some data
loss, and the project start to fail.
I was reading the book Professional Apache Tomcat 6, goggle searches and
all kind of information in the net. The recommendation is: use
sticky-session in TRUE with memory replication.
Nobody mention concrete arguments, and need that to make a report to the
system administrator, to make him understand why we need to use
sticky-session in TRUE.

My best regards,
Emilio Recio