tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Anderson <ez...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: JSP when tag question
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 17:52:15 GMT

David,

Thank you to 'pid' and yourself. I spent quite a few hours
going over the source HTML from Firefox and fixed some
problems (e.g. an tag with no closing tag) and fixed some
inefficient code. I was getting very  inconsistent results
and went through a number of iterations. This was to
follow pid's suggestion.

Then started to respond to your suggestion about the tablib
libraries, etc. I have a number of jsp files using include
statements. Lo and behold, I did not have a taglib directive!
I'm embarrassed to say this, since I know better. I really
thought I had already done it, but I guess at the time I was
going to add the directive, I got distracted and failed to do it.

Having said that, I'm a bit surprised that there was not
error message generate by  tomcat about seeing a reference
to <c:choose> and <c:xxx> with no definition available.

Thanks, again.

Jim