tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Http Session Null issue
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 09:22:46 GMT
On 4/7/09 00:22, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> HttpSession session = request.getSession();
>
> Is the request a legit one (that is, the one that is being served by
> Tomcat now)?
>
> Requests are recycled immediately after their processing is done,
> and it can result in null being returned by that method (though throwing
> an IllegalStateException would be better).

(See partial stacktrace below.)

The Settings object looks like it is the source of the
NullPointerException and it looks like it is being statically initialised.

I don't know what that object is, so I asked for more info - the OP is
yet to respond, unless I missed that message?

How it is being initialised, it seems to me, is the source of the
problem.  Does the initialisation depend on an HttpSession object or on
some other parameters?