tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 19:56:45 GMT
On 2/7/09 20:32, Logan, James S wrote:
> We have been involved with load testing several sites that deploy a Tomcat server. When
running a Load session, for some reason, each HTTP request will generate a login, when monitoring
the server. The server is being monitored using the Tomcat monitoring tool, and each request
to the server will display a sessionid associated with the login id of the virtual client.
However, when I login in manually I only see one sessionid associated with a login id as I
navigate the site and request a page, and once I fire up another browser, and do the same
navigation, I see the second sessionid. Have you folks seen this type of behavior on a Tomcat
site, where virtual client login generate multiple sessionids ?

OS/version?
Tomcat/version?

Which Tomcat monitoring tool?

Your description of the behaviour isn't very clear.

It seems that you're saying that your test clients are logging in and
getting a unique session id.  This is normal.

When you login with a web browser you get a unique session id for each
different browser.  This is also normal.

Can you be clearer about what you expect to happen and what, if
anything, is different to your expectation?