tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject [Fwd: FIXED: Re: No cookies using proxypass* from apache 2]
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 15:02:55 GMT
Subject: FIXED: Re: No cookies using proxypass* from apache 2
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:30:48 -0500
From: Robert Schmid <rschmid@raptor.net>
To: Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>

For reasons I can't explain, all my mail back to the list is being
rejected as spam.  Could you forward this to list so it is archived.
It might help someone else.
===================================

OK, I figured out everything.  The inside/outside virtual host
solution was described in an earlier e-mail.

The final part of my problem was this - this does not work;

	ProxyPassReverse /eoservice ajp://ajax.newdom.com:8011/EOService
	ProxyPass /EOService ajp://ajax.newdom.com:8011/EOService
	ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /eoservice /EOService

This does;

	ProxyPassReverse /EOService ajp://ajax.erikorganic.com:8011/EOService
	ProxyPass /EOService ajp://ajax.erikorganic.com:8011/EOService
	ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /EOService /EOService

I realized that the client was not sending cookies because the cookie
had a path of 'EOService' but the calling URL had 'eoservice'.  I
thought maybe I had ProxyPassReverseCookiePath backward so I tried;

ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /EOService /eoservice

Thinking it would solve my problem but it didn't.

So I am presently simply using case-consistent paths.  However this
leads me to believe I will have problems with

ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /abc /def

Can you enlighten me on what I am missing?