tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: tomcat session is not releasing
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 09:44:47 GMT
On 2/7/09 06:50, jayesh.m@BIRLASOFT.COM wrote:
> Hi,
> Please find detailed problem statement below

These are details about your problem, not about your setup.
What (exact) version of Tomcat are you using?

> 1) Our Application is developed in Java and its an web based application
> so we use TOMCAT as web server. We deploy the Application on HP-UX mach
> ine. And we are using connection pooling to connect with the database.

Pedant Police: "Tomcat", not "TOMCAT", not "TomCat", nor tOmCaT etc.

> 2) During the Deployment we need to stop and start the TOMCAT server
> lots of times. Afte
> r successful deployment when we monitor our database we found that
> hundreds of J
> DBC sessions are connected with oracle with different log-on time.

So you don't mean Tomcat user sessions, do you mean JDBC Connections?

Are you properly closing the connection each time you use one?  It
sounds like you aren't.

> 3) Now if we kill the session its status shows "KILLED" and its SPID not
> shown in the V$PRO
> CESS table we need to kill it either using "IMMEDIATE" or at OS level
> using "KIL
> L -9 SPID"
>
> 4) Now this is our problem that sessions were not released automatically
> after shutdown the TOMCAT web sever. Each time we need to kill all
> session
> manually.
>
> Note: In Windows environment sessions are released successfully after
> shutdown the TOMCAT webserver.

Birlasoft confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,any
disclosure,copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any
attachments is
> prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail(administrator@birlasoft.com) immediately and permanently delete this message and any
attachments. Thank you."