tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Anderson <ez...@ieee.org>
Subject Cannot find any information on property 'x' in a bean of type 'bfs.beans.BFSInfo'
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 03:25:12 GMT
Hi,

I'm running tomcat 6.0.18 on Linux and I'm having a problem running
a javabean. I created a bean and was able to call setProperty and
getProperty
for the property 'startPage' in the bean. When I added a 2nd property
to the bean, I got the following message:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find any information on
property 'midContent' in a bean of type 'bfs.beans.BFSInfo'

The setter and getter methods were copied and pasted from 'startPage' so
they
should have worked. I checked the spelling of the new property
'midContent' VERY
carefully and I'm sure there was not a spelling error.

I experimented and found that no matter what name I gave the new
property, it
would not work with the getter and setter methods. In the jsp code, my
getter
and setter methods for 'startPage' continued to work. I decided to rename
the property to 'sPage'. I did this, recompiled the source, rebuilt the
jar file
and placed it the web library. I ran the jsp page again and found that
getProperty
on 'sPage' failed, but if I changed 'sPage' back to 'startPage', the jsp
page
worked.

It looks like tomcat is still is finding an old jar file or has cached a
reference
to the old library.

Does anyone have an suggestions on how to resolve my problem?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Jim Anderson

source code:

JSP:

  1 <%@ page contentType="text/html" %>
  2 <jsp:useBean id="BFSInfo" class="bfs.beans.BFSInfo" />
  3 <jsp:setProperty name="BFSInfo" property="startPage" value="page1.jsp"/>
  4 <jsp:setProperty name="BFSInfo" property="midContent"
value="page1Mid.jsp"/>    <-- fails
    .
    .
    .
    BFSINFO is <jsp:getProperty name="BFSInfo" property="startPage" />
    BFSINFO is <jsp:getProperty name="BFSInfo" property="midContent" />

java:

1
  2 package bfs.beans;
  3
  4 import java.io.Serializable;
  5
  6 public class BFSInfo implements Serializable {
  7     private String startPage = "";
  8     private String midContent = "";
  9
 10     public BFSInfo() {
 11     }
 12
 13     public void setStartPage(String s) {
 14         startPage = s;
    BFSINFO is <jsp:getProperty name="BFSInfo" property="startPage" />
    BFSINFO is <jsp:getProperty name="BFSInfo" property="midContent" />

java:

1
  2 package bfs.beans;
  3
  4 import java.io.Serializable;
  5
  6 public class BFSInfo implements Serializable {
  7     private String startPage = "";
  8     private String midContent = "";
  9
 10     public BFSInfo() {
 11     }
 12
 13     public void setStartPage(String s) {
 14         startPage = s;
15     }
 16
 17     public String getStartPage() {
 18         return(startPage);
 19     }
 20
 21     public void setMidContent(String s) {
 22         midContent = s;
 23     }
 24
 25     public String getMidContent() {