tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat hang when start with "service tomcat start"
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 13:20:44 GMT
zhicheng wang wrote:
> hi
>
> Thanks for so many useful inputs. i totally agree with the following and had tried to
get root user's environments by added
> . /etc/profile
> . /root/.bash_profile
>
> in
>
> /etc/init.d/tomcat
> (we do not want to change /sbin/service)
>
> but it did not work

Hi again.
It has already been established, in part by yourself, that the problem
is not with Tomcat, but in all likelihood with the /sbin/service command
or script, which is not a part of Tomcat, but either a part of RHEL or
something you wrote yourself. Or with the application which you are
trying to run, and which is not compatible with what this /sbin/service
script/command is doing.
This being a Tomcat-oriented list, and not a RHEL- or Grails-oriented
list, most people here probably don't have any idea what it inside of
that script/command nor that application.
But you do not seem to want to either tell what is inside that script,
nor to change it.
In this case, it seems a bit difficult to help you further.