tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <santosh.si...@BIRLASOFT.COM>
Subject RE: oracle JDBC sessions not closing while tomcat shutdown
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:30:59 GMT
Hi

How can I verify that and while shutting down or restarting tomcat, how
it will close.

Regards
Santosh

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikolaj Rydzewski [mailto:miki@ceti.pl]
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:53 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: oracle JDBC sessions not closing while tomcat shutdown

santosh.singh@BIRLASOFT.COM wrote:
> We are getting same JDBC Sessions at oracle database which has been
> created/pooled while tomcat started. I would also like to update you
> that java.exe is not terminating for the same tomcat. However , we
> have performed proper shutdown of tomcat using shutdown.sh file.

So Tomcat is still 'almost' alive. Probably there're some background
threads still running. Thus, JDBC connections are still open.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain Birlasoft
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,any disclosure,copying,
use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail(administrator@birlasoft.com)
immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."