tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <santosh.si...@BIRLASOFT.COM>
Subject RE: oracle JDBC sessions not closing while tomcat shutdown
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:00:27 GMT
Hi

We are getting same JDBC Sessions at oracle database which has been
created/pooled while tomcat started. I would also like to update you
that java.exe is not terminating for the same tomcat. However , we have
performed proper shutdown of tomcat using shutdown.sh file.

Regards
Santosh

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikolaj Rydzewski [mailto:miki@ceti.pl]
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:19 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: oracle JDBC sessions not closing while tomcat shutdown

santosh.singh@BIRLASOFT.COM wrote:
>  Apache Tomcat is working as a middleware between JAVA and ORACLE
> Databse. The problem is that when I am starting the tomcat, each time
> it opens 3 JDBC sessions on database level and using those sessions at

> application level. But when shutting down the tomcat, it is not
> closing/releasing those JDBC sessions from database level. And thus so

> many not in use JDBC sessions exists after restarting tomcat many
times.

How can you have JDBC sessions active after Tomcat shutdown? JVM exits,
so every JDBC connection disappears...

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain Birlasoft
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,any disclosure,copying,
use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail(administrator@birlasoft.com)
immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."