tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <santosh.si...@BIRLASOFT.COM>
Subject oracle JDBC sessions not closing while tomcat shutdown
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:42:16 GMT
Hi

Apache Tomcat is working as a middleware between JAVA and ORACLE
Databse. The problem is that when I am starting the tomcat, each time it
opens 3 JDBC sessions on database level and using those sessions at
application level. But when shutting down the tomcat, it is not
closing/releasing those JDBC sessions from database level. And thus so
many not in use JDBC sessions exists after restarting tomcat many times.

Please let me know how those sessions will close while shutting down the
tomcat or after each restart of tomcat instead of killing them manually
from database level.

Operating System               --- HP-UX 11.23
Default web server with OS  ---  Apache-tomcat 5.5
Default Java                        --- JAVA 1.5
Database                            --- Oracle 10.2.0.3.0

Regards
Santosh
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain Birlasoft
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,any disclosure,copying,
use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail(administrator@birlasoft.com)
immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."