tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Keith67 <keithmatthewwat...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat for serving only static files - how to prevent the likes of JSP execution
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 23:17:20 GMT

This might seem like a strange request, but I would like to use Tomcat to
only serve static files, from a certain context anyway.

I have an application I would like to allow users to upload files through,
and then I want to be able to link to them and serve them from the server.

If I do this, I run the risk of them uploading executable content (e.g. a
JSP file) and then having it executed on the server, so I would like to stop
this happening.

Does anyone know how I could prevent any dynamic processing of files in a
given Tomcat context.

I appreciate I could just install Apache and do it that way but I'd rather
just keep it simple with Tomcat.

Thanks.