tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Logan, James S" <james.lo...@oit.gatech.edu>
Subject load testing
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 20:27:53 GMT
We have been involved with load testing several sites that deploy a Tomcat server. When running
a Load session, for some reason, each HTTP request will generate a login, when monitoring
the server. The server is being monitored from the server-side and each request to the server
will display a sessionid associated with the login id of the virtual client. However, when
I login in manually I only see one sessionid associated with a login id as I navigate the
site and request a page, and once I fire up another browser, and do the same navigation, I
see the second sessionid. Have you folks seen this type of behavior on a Tomcat site, where
virtual clients login generate multiple sessionids under load, running virtual client is 10,
and the server see 20 sessionids?

James