tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Clemens Eisserer <linuxhi...@gmail.com>
Subject Does Tomcat ignore jsessionID URL's when usually cokies are used for session handling?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 16:07:37 GMT
Hi,

I have to integrate an applet into a larger html-based webapp.
The html-based application uses cookies for session management,
however the applet uses url-rewriting (jsessionid=...).

My plan would be to pass the session-id to the applet as an applet-tag
parameter, and simply re-write the applet's request URLs accordingly.
What I wonder is, will Tomcat use the url-sessionid, if no cookie is
submitted and session-handling is set to cookie?

Thanks, Clemens