tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <jayes...@BIRLASOFT.COM>
Subject RE: tomcat session is not releasing
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 05:50:31 GMT
Hi,
Please find detailed problem statement below

1) Our Application is developed in Java and its an web based application
so we use TOMCAT as web server. We deploy the Application on HP-UX mach
ine. And we are using connection pooling to connect with the database.

2) During the Deployment we need to stop and start the TOMCAT server
lots of times. Afte
r successful deployment when we monitor our database we found that
hundreds of J
DBC sessions are connected with oracle with different log-on time.

3) Now if we kill the session its status shows "KILLED" and its SPID not
shown in the V$PRO
CESS table we need to kill it either using "IMMEDIATE" or at OS level
using "KIL
L -9 SPID"

4) Now this is our problem that sessions were not released automatically
after shutdown the TOMCAT web sever. Each time we need to kill all
session
manually.

Note: In Windows environment sessions are released successfully after
shutdown the TOMCAT webserver.