tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: setting JVM parameters
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:17:18 GMT
> From: dori [mailto:dorian.cussen@googlemail.com]
> Subject: setting JVM parameters
>
> JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xmx128m -Xms128m"
> by placing it at the top of my catalina.sh file

Better to create a setenv.sh file with the above than to modify the Tomcat-supplied script.

> I am running tomcat6 (as a service on centOS), the catalina
> file is in tomcat/bin

Are you using a real Tomcat, downloaded from tomcat.apache.org?  Or is it a 3rd-party repackaged
version?  If the latter, it may have its own startup scripts and not use the proper ones.

How exactly do you start Tomcat?

 - Chuck