tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5 on Windows Server 2003, HTTPS and tc-native
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:13:23 GMT
> From: Fred Janon [mailto:fjanon@gmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 5.5 on Windows Server 2003, HTTPS and tc-native
>
> I needed to enable HTTPS so I copied the SSL certificate that
> was used on my development machine, made the proper changes in
> the Tomcat config

Apparently not.

> I found and deleted the "tc-native.dll" file, restarted Tomcat
> and the HTTPS connection worked straight away.

As is well documented, in bold letters on the SSL page:

"IMPORTANT NOTE: This Howto refers to usage of JSSE. When using APR, Tomcat will use OpenSSL,
which uses a different configuration."

The pure Java SSL doc is here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html

The SSL doc when using tcnative-1.dll (not "tc-native.dll", which doesn't exist) is here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html#HTTPS

They are very different.

 - Chuck