tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat is stopped any errors
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:04:12 GMT
> From: Lin Chun [mailto:franks1984@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat is stopped any errors
>
> We run the service with  Tomcat5.5+mod_jk+Apache 2  on a virtual
> machine (with 512m memory),

If your whole VM has only 512 MB, you should not be specifying 512 MB for the Java heap -
lots of other stuff has to fit in the VM space beside the heap.  You're pretty much guaranteeing
that you'll have problems - such as the OOM killer silently clobbering something, as you've
found out.

> java.classpath.file=/MIDDLE/SESAM-Vitale/
> poc-bi.gie-sesamvitale.net/tomcat1/conf/classpath.txt
>
> java.args=-Xms128m -Xmx512m -Dnetworkaddress.cache.ttl=300
>
> optimizeit.enable=false
> optimizeit.hotspot=false

I'll bite: who uses the above settings?  They are not environment variables recognized by
any JVM launcher I'm aware of.

 - Chuck