tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 6 database pooling, DataSource returning NULL connection
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 01:24:46 GMT
> From: Lucas Vickers [mailto:lucasvickers@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: tomcat 6 database pooling, DataSource returning NULL
> connection
>
> I am doing a static install and restarting my tomcat each time I
> make a file change, so I do not think this is the issue.

Actually, that's exactly the procedure that can cause the problem.  When the webapp is first
loaded, Tomcat copies the webapp's META-INF/context.xml file to conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml.
 As long as the conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml file exists, it will override the one in
META-INF/context.xml.  Proper undeployment will remove the copied <Context> element;
just copying over a new version of the webapp will not.

 - Chuck