tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: [ERROR] Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL'null'
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:33:34 GMT
> From: Mark Shifman [mailto:mark.shifman@yale.edu]
> Subject: Re: [ERROR] Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect
> URL'null'
>
> My tomcat6/lib contains tomcat-dbcp.jar and I don't have
> commons-dbcp-1.1.jar in my webapp at all.

The OP is attempting to use his own DBCP pooling factory, not the Tomcat-supplied one.  Not
clear why he's doing that, but it does trigger a thought related to one of the OP's previous
posts in this thread:

> > Commons-dbcp-1.1.jar is in the
> > /home/tomcat6/wsam/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib
> > directory.

Which may well be the source of the problem.  Since you've told Tomcat to manage the pooling,
I suspect you'll need to put the commons-dbcp jar in Tomcat's lib directory, not the webapp's
WEB-INF/lib.  (Definitely don't put it in both.)

 - Chuck