tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Trying to run Tomcat on Win Server 2K3 returns error
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:47:54 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: Trying to run Tomcat on Win Server 2K3 returns error
>
> Just a question : considering that this same issue seems to come up at
> least twice a week recently, why aren't the needed pieces part of the
> standard download package ?

I believe I remember one of the committers saying it would be in 6.0.21.

> Is it so hard to add a tomcat6_64bit.exe to the package ?

The name of the .exe must match the name of the service; without any directory structure changes,
the installer would have to recognize the mode of the JVM to be used and select the proper
.exe to use, or install two services.  It's a bit messy.

 - Chuck