tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Adding new jars to Tomcat library.
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 18:49:00 GMT
> From: SarcasmMonster [mailto:paradoxical.reasoning@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Adding new jars to Tomcat library.
>
> Is there a way to get around this?

Not if you want Tomcat to manage the DB connection pool.  Installing the JDBC driver jar is
a one-time thing; can't you schedule a few-second outage at some convenient time?

> As far as I can tell from the article, I need the
> jars in CATALINA_HOME/lib/.

The article describes having Tomcat manage the connection pool, using its own version of commons-dbcp.
 You can do your own DBCP management within your webapp, providing the driver jar and commons-dbcp
jars in WEB-INF/lib; you just can't configure it via a <Resource> element that way.
 Look here for the DIY info:
http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/

 - Chuck