tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat session is not releasing
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:22:10 GMT
> From: jayesh.m@BIRLASOFT.COM [mailto:jayesh.m@BIRLASOFT.COM]
> Subject: RE: tomcat session is not releasing
>
> 2) During the Deployment we need to stop and start the TOMCAT server
> lots of times.

Why?  You should be able to simply restart the webapp being changed, not the entire container.

> 3) Now if we kill the session

What are you doing to "kill the session"?  For that matter, exactly what do you mean by "session"?
 If it's the DB connection you're referring to, don't you have a timeout configured for it
on the DB end?

> 4) Now this is our problem that sessions were not released
> automatically after shutdown the TOMCAT web sever. Each time
> we need to kill all session manually.

How are you shutting down Tomcat?  What software is managing the connections?  If you're not
using Tomcat's DB connection pooling, then your webapp code is responsible for closing the
connections.  You may also have a badly configured DB, since it doesn't appear to be dropping
stale connections.

 - Chuck

P.S.  Just reply to the list, not individually to anyone that responds to you.