tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Caching rendered page - reducing hits to the backend?
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:22:09 GMT
> From: Andre-John Mas [mailto:ajmas@sympatico.ca]
> I think I may end up simply ensuring that the database has
> enough memory and slowly evaluate where the bottle necks are.

It's often the best approach.  You can spend a lot of time optimising places that turn out
not to be the bottleneck.  You can also spend a lot of time testing a new app, only to find
out that the real usage patterns aren't like that at all and you suddenly need to optimise
one operation that you never thought would be used heavily!

                - Peter