tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authentication from the browser
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 20:49:38 GMT
On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Alec Swan <alecswan@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have one corporate customer who is putting a link to our servlet on their
> intranet web page. Therefore, we know the domain name of the users who need
> custom authentication.

Seems iffy -- none of these users will ever be working remotely
and need access?

> We can also tell the customer to put whatever we need
> in the link, such as HTTP headers.

? You can't put HTTP headers "in" a link, unless you're processing
it through some proxy mechanism...

> Does this give you enough information to propose a solution?

I suspect you need to write your own solution, though this:
  http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/
:: has been recommended by others on this list many times, and
might help (I've never used it).

HTH,