tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Jsp working fine from tomcat, but displaying source when accessed through apache (Only on Firefox)
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:49:17 GMT
newToMina wrote:
> Mark,
> I changed JKMount as you suggested. But firefox is still displaying the
> source when accessing through apache. Direct tomcat access displays fine.
> Firefox is rendering the page as follows:
> Direct from tomcat (http://server:8080/appname/servlet/Controller)
> Type : text/html
> Render Mode: Standards compliance mode
> Access tomcat through apache (http://server/appname/servlet/Controller)
> Type : text/plain
> Render Mode: Quirks mode
> Could any one please help me with this?
Somehow, I get the feeling that you have done what you should /never/
do, which is to allow Apache to access the Tomcat files directly.
Where does your Apache DocumentRoot point to ?
Or what Alias(es) have you used ?
To prove this point :
- turn off Tomcat
- re-try your URL http://server/appname/servlet/Controller...