tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Sample program for testing http DELETE or PUT method in tomcat
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 06:20:47 GMT
cleegt wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Because of the security reason imposed by my company, I disabled http
> DELETE, PUT methods from the tomcat based on some suggested method mentioned
> on the internet. Now, I need to test whether the fix is working or not. So,
> I am looking for a sample testing program to test the DELETE and PUT
> methods. Is there anyone know where I can find those programs?

If perl is installed on your system (and otherwise just install it),
look at the lwp-request program.

lwp-request -m (method) URL

There are a bunch of options that will allow you to see the request
content and response details.

I'm sure there's also a couple of utilities Unix/Linux-side which do
similar things.  Maybe curl ?