tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [Tomcat not Running Error message]
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:03:58 GMT
jaypee wrote:
> Hai
>
> I want to catch the server not running exception in tomcat.

I'm going to wait for an answer from a real Tomcat expert, but I think
that this will be very difficult.
:-)

> For example with out running the server if i access http://localhost:8080/
>
> Failed to Connect
>
> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:8080.
>
> Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a
> connection.
>
>     * Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
>     * Are you unable to browse other sites?  Check the computer's network
> connection.
>     * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?
> Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
>
> Can i display my own error page for this situation.?
> Which xml file i have to change to achieve this ?

And if you start the server, what happens ?

I believe that you should re-read that error page very carefully, and
try to understand what it says.

Then, maybe post a message to the Firefox support forum ?