tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Beginner with apache
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:22:10 GMT
Hi.

In the information below, you forgot to mention
- what version of Tomcat this is
- on what platform this is

 From bits and pieces below, I guess that this may be Tomcat 5.5.? , on
a RedHat Linux system.
The basic answer to your question #1 below is yes, and to your question
#2 also.  But the details depend very much on how Tomcat is set up on
this particular system (directories etc..), and that, nobody here really
knows, because it looks like a RedHat-specific package, which installs
the bits and pieces of some version of Tomcat 5.5 in RedHat-specific
locations and with RedHat-specific configuration files.

So I guess this part you should ask to the RedHat support hotline.

A general explanation of how this all works is available here :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/index.html
and particularly in your case here :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/appdev/index.html
(Deployment organisation)

The principles are universal. But the details (which directories etc..)
are specific to each platform-specific pre-packaged Tomcat.