tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: how to get the console output on ubuntu
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:57:40 GMT
syed shah wrote:
> Hi, Thanks for the reply, but i am new to ubuntu and the script in there
> doesnt makes much sense to me as to what its doing, would be glad if you or
> anyone else can throw more light on this thanks and regards Fahad

If you want to start Tomcat in a console, forget the system startup
script in /etc/init.d/tomcat-x, and go to the bin subdirectory of the
Tomcat install dir (maybe /usr/share/tomcatx.y/bin).
Inside, there is a script called startup.sh.  Just execute that one.

For further information on how Ubuntu shell scripts work, this is not
really the right place, and you will get better answers on an Ubuntu forum.