tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Starting Tomcat 6.0
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 19:36:49 GMT
Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2009/6/9 Dick Eastlake <dickeastlake@yahoo.com>:

Konstantin,
unless I am mistaken, the OP is just trying to protect some *pages* from
non-authenticated access.
You don't need the Security Manager for that, just stuff like
<security-constraint> in the webapp's web.xml, no ?

The Security Manager is more for stopping some rogue webapps from doing
things they should not, but has little to do with protecting pages or
requiring authentication.

Dick, have a look on your system around here :

C:\Tomcat5.5\server\webapps\manager\WEB-INF
(adapt the path for your system and version).
At the end of the web.xml file there, there is a section
<security-constraint>.  That is the kind of thing you have to do, I believe.