tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: tomcat connector manipulation
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 16:23:19 GMT

>> From: [] Subject:
>> tomcat connector manipulation
>> Is there a way to be able to handle at first the one connector
>> ( (high prior.) and then the other one?
> Nothing I can think of currently in Tomcat or the servlet spec would
> help here.  You could write a Valve for the <Engine> or <Host> that
> gets called early in the processing chain to invoke
> Thread.setPriority() with a value appropriate to the request; how
> much effect this will have is hard to say.

Not necessary: use an executor with "threadPriority" set.

My advice would be to set up two connectors (as the OP suggested) and
use two different executors: one with priority set higher and the other,
lower. I would also give the high-priority connector more connections in
its pool, while the lower-priority one gets fewer. You might even want
to go further and use two different database connection pools, with the
higher-priority clients having a larger pool than the lower-priority ones.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: