tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Blank page when native DLL used
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 03:19:52 GMT
That's correct, root too... I tried adding all the webapps back in
anyway to no avail... the URL I know is correct because without the DLL,
it gets me my page as expected, but when I drop the DLL in and just hit
refresh, I get the blank page (I also confirmed there was no trailing
slash both times to be extra sure).  I can of course hit refresh all day
long without the DLL (the JSP renders the current time so I know it's
properly being refreshed).

Well, if I'm the only one that's ever reported this then no big deal,
I'm perfectly happy assuming it's something on my machine (or me doing
something stupid that I just can't catch).  This is just for development
so not a problem at all.  If others see this though, maybe then it might
be indicative of an actual problem.

Take care,
Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Author of "Practical Ext JS Projects with Gears" (coming soon)

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Frank W. Zammetti [mailto:fzlists@omnytex.com]
>> Subject: Re: Blank page when native DLL used
>>

>> the only thing I did do was take all the preinstalled
>> applications and remove them from webapps...
>>

> Including ROOT?  If you don't have a default webapp deployed, you will get a blank page
back if the URL can't be matched against any of the deployed webapps.  (This is true with
and without tcnative-1.dll available.)  Note that the browser may display an old copy of the
Tomcat home page if it has one lying around; hitting refresh will get rid of that.